In the interview, Crespo also praised the talent of his compatriot Paulo Dybala, Juventus Turin striker. “He has incredible quality, he must follow (the coach, Maurizio) Sarri and he will become one of the greatest”, considered Crespo, who played in Italy with the shirts of Parma, Lazio, Inter Milan, Milan and Genoa. “This is his first season as a fixed starter. It is little to decide to change your life and go to Barcelona. You need at least three years to complete your growth, then you can think of a change of team, “he continued.Lautaro, 22, scored 16 goals in 31 games this year and his high performance sparked the interest of several European giants. He has a contract with Inter until 2023, with a termination clause set at 111 million euros. Former Argentine player Hernán Crespo considered this Monday that his compatriot Lautaro Martínez should stay at Inter Milan “at least three years” more, to complete its growth before considering the option of changing teams. “I tell him that he must stay at Inter, without a doubt. The reason is simple. He did well in Argentina with Racing Avellaneda, came to Inter and was a substitute for Mauro Icardi in the first season and is now a fixed starter “Crespo said in an interview with the Italian newspaper “La Gazzetta dello Sport”.
Christian Standhardinger. Photo by Randolph B. Leongson/ INQUIRER.netTAIPEI – There’s one Gilas Pilipinas newcomer who is the tallest, beefiest of them all who should be commanding all the attention yet is very content playing behind the likes of Kiefer Ravena and Kobe Paras.Christian Standhardinger is a 6-foot-7 center of German descent who made his national team debut on Saturday afternoon in the 39th Jones Cup Invitational playing as the back-up to import Mike Myers.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Malacañang open to creating Taal Commission 787 earthquakes recorded in 24 hours due to restive Taal Volcano Serena Williams on her first million-dollar check and the gender pay gap MOST READ End of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legend LIVE: Sinulog 2020 Grand Parade Missile-capable frigate BRP Jose Rizal inches closer to entering PH Navy’s fleet Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES IT happens: Facebook sorry for Xi Jinping’s name mistranslation OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson “Oh, man, he can play,” former Gilas skipper Jimmy Alapag, now one of the squad’s assistant coaches, said. “And he plays really hard. That’s probably the way the game is played back in Germany, and the way we like it at Gilas.”At the end of what had been a very trying grind, Hardinger certainly announced that he deserves the same praise the other newcomers are getting. He scored nine points and had 10 rebounds.And we can only imagine what “I need to do better means,” and how well it could help the team in the tournaments to come.ADVERTISEMENT The pony-tailed 27-year-old is being groomed to be an integral part of Gilas in the years to come, with coach Chot Reyes breaking him in gently as he is also slated to play in the Fiba Asia Championship in Lebanon in late August.“It was nice,” Standhardinger said when asked how he felt after getting his first official Philippine Team game off. “I need to do better next time, though.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’Ravena and Paras have hugged the spotlight coming over and both didn’t disappoint even though the Filipinos lost to Canada 150, 77-90, Saturday night.Standhardinger, meanwhile, just went about his business and battled Canada’s bigger, more athletic frontliners tooth and nail in all the 25 minutes and 33 seconds he was on the floor. Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ Duterte’s ‘soft heart’ could save ABS-CBN, says election lawyer Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold PLAY LIST 06:27SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold00:50Trending Articles01:45Explosive Gilas Pilipinas not yet at its best, says Tim Cone01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite
Dear Editor,The controversy regarding ex-Member of Parliament, Charrandas Persaud’s (CP) dual citizenship has elicited heated arguments on many fronts because of what is written in the Constitution of Guyana. The MP’s “allegiance” is cause for concern because of his dual citizenship since Section 155 (1) of the Constitution states: “No person shall be qualified for election as a member of the National Assembly who –– (a) is, by virtue of his own act, under any acknowledgment of allegiance, obedience or adherence to a foreign power or state.”According to the Government of Canada’s website, one becomes a citizen of Canada by taking an oath and affirms the following: “I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second Queen of Canada her heirs and successors and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen.” In examining Section 155 (1) of the Constitution, CP does not flaunt the tenets of that section of the Constitution since he does not acknowledge “allegiance, obedience or adherence to a foreign power or state.”The (official) Canada website clarifies and illuminates that oath by underscoring, “In Canada, we profess our loyalty to a person who represents all Canadians and not to a document such as a constitution, a banner such as a flag, or a geopolitical entity such as a country. In our constitutional monarchy, these elements are encompassed by the Sovereign (Queen or King). It is a remarkably simple yet powerful principle: Canada is personified by the Sovereign just as the Sovereign is personified by Canada.” The person who makes that citizenship declaration, therefore, does not contravene the Guyana Constitution if he or she wishes to stand in the capacity as an MP.It must be noted that in the US, new citizens pledge allegiance to the Constitution and laws of the US, but they are also required to renounce their allegiance to any foreign or previous entities. This condition is not the case of new Canadians.I became a Canadian citizen more than 40 years ago. Like most Canadians, I have never thought Queen Elizabeth as anything more than a figurehead. Therefore, if one examines the literal and figurative meanings of the two entities (Section 155 (1) of the Guyana Constitution, and the oath taken by new Canadians), a Guyanese who holds dual citizenship with Canada is still eligible to become a Member of Parliament in Guyana.According to a recent newspaper editorial, more than 38 per cent of the Members of Parliament in Guyana have dual citizenship. If the court rules that CP’s dual citizenship makes him ineligible to sit as an MP, the authorities would have no choice but dissolve Parliament since what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.It is ironic and ludicrous that the Government is claiming that CP’s vote was negligible and inconsequential because of dual citizenship, while at the same time replacing him with Barbara Pilgrim, who is allegedly a US citizen!One must examine the context in a thicker layer. In a small country such as Guyana that has suffered from a brain drain and is desperate for qualified and experienced personnel, it would send shivers to the diaspora about wanting to return and help develop the country.The CP dual citizenship question is a no-brainer; Guyanese who have dual Canadian citizenship should be allowed a parliamentary seat.Yours truly,Dr Devanand Bhagwan
CHENNAI: The death of a sailor, who went missing from Liberian registered vessel MT Kingfisher, which was docked in Chennai Port, was mired in controversy as the ship was allowed to sail without any inquiry by Indian officials two days after the incident.Radhakrishnan T K, who was sailing on board MT Kingfisher, an oil tanker, went missing around 4.20 am on July 28 and his body was located at Royapuram the same evening. A First Information Report was filed by the police the next day but the crew in the ship were not questioned.The Chennai Port authorities and the Mercantile Marine Department (MMD) said they were not informed about the death when the ship departed from Chennai Port on July 30.As per the Merchant Shipping Act of 1958, Section 358, the death of any sailor should be reported. This incident is a blatant violation of Section 358, said Manoj Joy, Chaplain Sailors Society. Director General of Shipping (DGS) Deepak Shetty told Express that any death should be reported at the MMD based in Chennai and it is their duty to conduct the investigation.For his part, the recruiting agent of the ship and director of Seaarland Management Services, Mumbai, Capt Jairam, citing the rules, said that he had informed the DGS headquarters in Mumbai, and produced the letters that were duly acknowledged by the dispatch section. But why inform Mumbai when the incident happened in Chennai? Jairam claimed he went by the rule book. If the DGS, Mumbai failed to act, it is their fault, he argued. It was also learnt from the agent that the immigration department in Chennai Port, which is not tasked to conduct the inquiry, was informed by Inchcape Shipping Services based in Chennai. “The ship was docked right in front of the MMD office, yet the agent did not inform MMD,” said Joy.When Express contacted S Barik, principal officer of MMD, he said his office had not received any orders from the DGS to investigate the incident. “If the DGS asks us to conduct an enquiry, we will do so,” he said.The office of the DGS had in 2006 specified guidelines on how the enquiry should be conducted when a death is reported on a ship.“The irony is we don’t know who is responsible for letting the ship sail without conducting any enquiry over the death of the sailor,” said Joy. (Indian Express)International Transport Workers Federation inspector K Sreekumar has taken up the issue with the shipping company and MMD, and notified the ITF headquarters in London.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The Fort St. John Huskies took to the ice last night at the North Peace Arena for their home opener against the Sexsmith Vipers. Offence wasn’t a problem for the team as they registered four goals and fired 45 shots on net, but the same can’t be said for the play in their own zone.After dropping the game 8-4 Huskies head coach Gary Alexander said despite being in control of the flow of the game most of the night, turnovers and not being able to escape from those mistakes did the team in.“We had the majority of the play all night I thought. We just made those few little mistakes and it cost us every time. It wasn’t that we weren’t working and weren’t doing some things right but we just coughed it up at the wrong time and it cost us,” he said.- Advertisement -The Huskies surrendered three powerplay goals against, and up until the final stages of the third period it seemed whenever they would close to within a goal, the Vipers would also net one of their own shortly thereafter.Going along with poor defensive play was some less than ideal goaltending from Logan Edwards as the Vipers at one point had five goals on 20 shots, and an overall total of eight goals on 28 shots.“I think you could probably say that certainly. I don’t think he was real strong on it. He didn’t seem to see the puck at times. That’s all a part of your defensive game. You get shots that he isn’t expecting to get from an area and they go in,” Alexander said.Advertisement On the bright said for the team, they did get some quality production on the score sheet from some rookies in the lineup. Three of the four goals were scored by first year players.Finding the back of the net on the night were Nolan Legace, Kody Disher, Ryan McDonald, and Adam Bowie.The Huskies will be back in action tonight when they head to Clairmont to skate with the County of Grande Prairie JDA Kings.
The first earned the Tumbler Ridge welder $1,500, but the second ticket matched eight for eight numbers for another $100,000. Because Gerstel played the Keno Bonus, that prize was multiplied to $500,000. “I remember calling BCLC to confirm that I had won,” he says. “I was so overwhelmed I couldn’t remember any of the details! I then called my kids to share the exciting news.” Gerstel hasn’t yet decided what he will spend his winnings on, but says he will first be paying off bills before deciding on any major purchases. – Advertisement -His win is the largest in the province’s Keno history. The B.C.-only number matching lottery game is drawn every four minutes.
Arrive 15 minutes prior to the presentation with identification.We are the federal police force of Canada and unique in the world providing policing services at the international, federal, provincial and municipal levels and we are looking for people from across Canada to join us! states Constable Erika Dirsus, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Pro-Active Recruiting Unit.If you or someone you know is thinking about becoming a police officer with the RCMP, visit rcmpcareers.ca. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The RCMP Entrance Exam workshop is designed to provide an opportunity to prepare for the police officer RCMP Entrance Exam.At the workshop, a recruiter will review the various components of the exam and review sample questions. You will also walk away with general test-taking strategies, tips and study resources to help prepare you for success.Thursday, November 21, 2019, at 5:00 PM the workshop is being held at the Pomeroy Sports Centre located at 9324 96 Street.- Advertisement -You must pre-register for this workshop by calling; 1-877-726-7472Or email the following information;Your nameEmail address or phone numberDate and location of the presentationTo; firstname.lastname@example.orgAdvertisement
A jury Thursday found a 32-year-old convicted burglar guilty of the February 2001 stabbing deaths of a West Hills couple. Gregory Douglas Miner was convicted by a Van Nuys Superior Court jury of the murder of 76-year-old William Lasky and his 73-year-old wife, Bertha. The jury also found Miner guilty of committing robbery and burglary, special circumstances that could have qualified him for the death penalty if prosecutors had pushed for it. Instead, he faces life in prison. The family of the victims, frustrated by years of court delays, had four words after the verdict: “Thank goodness, thank goodness,” said Beth Lasky of West Hills, one of the Laskys’ three children. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsThe Laskys were killed inside their home in the 7200 block of Pomelo Drive during a home-invasion robbery. The killers, after stealing their car, returned later to set the house on fire. William Lasky, a World War II veteran known as Bill, emerged from a back bedroom to confront the burglars as they tore apart his living room. He was taken hostage at knifepoint. When Bertha Lasky, known as Bert, returned from a shopping trip, she also was detained. The intruders stabbed Bert, then Bill, in their master bedroom. Shellie Samuels, a deputy district attorney for major crimes, said she was “very pleased” with the verdict. “It’s just a shame. It’s a very sad case. Both murders were really brutal.” Miner, a part-time electrician who had served a four-year sentence for burglary, faces life behind bars without parole. His sentencing is set for Dec. 18. During the trial, jurors watched a 6
Jim DohertyThe Labour Relations Commission has decided in favour of the former manager of Inishowen Community Radio in a case he brought against the station.Jim Doherty was manager at the local community station for more than 12 years and was instrumental in setting it up.Mr Doherty and the station parted company in 2012 amid confusing and conflicting circumstances. He made no comment either at the time or since about the matter but it is known that the station was experiencing financial and industrial relations difficulties for several months before his departure.The LRC found that the company had failed to pay Mr Doherty monies due to him for salary and holiday pay and directed that these be paid immediately.Jim Doherty said that while he welcomed the news it wasn’t the end of the matter.“I’m delighted with the decision but I’ll probably never see a cent of it. As far as I know the company doesn’t exist anymore and whatever assets it had are probably long gone. “The principal is more important than the money though. This is only the first of two cases I had to bring against the station to clear my name and defend myself,” he said.Mr Doherty has a case against ICR coming up in the Employment Appeals Tribunal soon but is reluctant to give more detail about it. FORMER INISHOWEN COMMUNITY RADIO BOSS WINS CASE AGAINST STATION was last modified: September 20th, 2013 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Inishowen Community RadioJIm DohertyLabour Relations Commission